The Alliance of Independent Authors is the one club all self-published writers need to consider joining.
Why Join Alli
Because you’re worth it. Crass to use that cunningly manipulative ad copy, I know, but joining ALLi has nothing to do with vanity and everything to do with damned good common sense. You’ll also be pleased to know self-absorption is not a requirement for membership. In fact, leaving your ego at the door and joining fellow writers on an equal footing is what the organisation is all about.
As a non-profit association created by self-published authors to promote ethics and excellence in the world of indie publishing, they offer advice and advocacy for self-published authors and poets across the world.
Do you want to publish great books, reach more readers, or even want help with licensing your publishing rights? Then ALLi can help you with all of that, and access is gained by becoming a member.
So whether KDP has closed down your account on a whim, you need help locating a good book cover designer or editor, or just want to know what the latest news is in the world of self-publishing, then ALLi is the team you want to join.
In a nutshell, here is why I recommend being part of the self-publishing movement that is the Alliance of Independent Authors.
Easy access to information to help build your self-publishing career.
- AskAlli – Ask a question via email or in the member forum and get a real answer from a real person, an experienced self-published author.
- The member forum offers a safe space to learn and develop your craft. As the saying goes, if you don’t know the answer, then it isn’t a daft question.
Legal and Business Advice
- From general contract advice to rights licensing, ALLi has a wealth of knowledge, experience, and experts to help you.
Discounts on industry-related products and services.
- Editing and Proofreading Services
- Cover Design
- Craft Courses
- Distribution and Publishing Services
- Audio, and more…
Free books and resources.
- 150 Self-Publishing Questions Answered: ALLi’s Writing, Publishing, & Book Marketing Tips for Authors and Poets
- All these publications are free to members along with short guides covering topics such as prizes and rewards, podcasting, ISBN’s (very helpful), how to get your book into libraries, and more.
Podcast and Facebook Live sessions.
- In the fast-paced, ever-changing world of self-publishing, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and isolated, but if you have fellow writers you can speak to, it’s far less daunting. We’re all in this together.
- Opportunities are everywhere, and a self-published author has a variety of ways to increase their income—just ask Joanna Penn, the queen of creativity—and networking is the key to opening the doors.
If any or all of that sounds like it would be beneficial, then CLICK HERE to sign up to be part of the self-publishing movement that is the Alliance of Independent Authors.